Saturday, October 7, 2023

Ghoster Part 1: Aftershock

Ghoster is a spin-off story of Looks and Brains. The ending of Looks and Brains had a hashtag of "Chapter Closed", but because of some unexpected encounter in my life, I have to write a spin off of this book entitled Ghoster.

After the matchmaker officially said it's over that you were no longer interested, I wasn't like really surprised about it. I also knew that the after effects of coping with it is no easy feat. It's like relearning your routine prior to your inexistence. Not only that, being a first time ghostee, you don't know how it really feels until you experience it to yourself firsthand. If there is a positive thing about this instance was that the matchmaker is your like safety net of making sure that you are not totally ghosted because the person can ghost you, but you can never ghost a matchmaker, because if you do that, you are doing disservice to their business and they can immediately cut losses with you as you are not cooperating with them as their client.

I thought I was ready to brace the storm whoever the next one would be, but I was absolutely dead wrong about this matter. I thought that I had the ability to suddenly shut off my feelings towards a person without crying or feeling bad about it. I said this because I knew I did it before, I was so proud of what I did except what I failed to take account was the difference of the circumstance and the person itself. After all, you can't use the same strategy to a different person. What works in one person, doesn't work in another. I kept on telling people how I was able to shut off my feelings and survive almost two years of being in a situationship without falling for them and when I was done and leave, they asked me to give it a chance and I refused.

However this one, it's like I was prepared for the departmental exams only to realize when you saw the questionnaire that the professor never taught you the topics you need to know while professors from other classes were able to teach their students that same topic. Or it's like you prepared yourself months ahead for an performance exam where all the practices and minor performances that you did in each and every aspect of your dating life was put all in one major performance exam - unfortunately you flunked big time. Flunked in the sense you got the same results as your previous minor exams but even a bigger blow.

I could be able to reason out each and every dating failures I had that end up me crying. However with this one, I cannot comprehend the reason why no matter how much logic you would like to put into it, I just cannot understand why I cannot make the feelings go away. I try my best knowing that these are similar failures that I had in the past, except it wasn't because the situation is different, the manner on how it ended is different. You were ghosted...

(To be Continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment