Saturday, February 10, 2024

Return to Sender

This blog is inspired with one of the aftermaths of an NBA Trade deadline that happened last month that I decided to make a story in relation to this trade. This is the story of Doug McDermott being traded back to his former team Indiana Pacers (who joined the San Antonio Spurs via Sign and Trade from Indiana Pacers three years ago in exchange of pick-swaps)

Almost three years ago, I thought he didn't love me anymore so I told him I’ll be leaving and met someone who wants me. When he knew who I was with now, he asked my new lover if there was something he could offer in exchange, no matter how minute it is just to salvage out of our previous relationship. My new guy agreed with my former guy - probably their bro code.


Fast forward to the present, I admit in any relationship, there are ups and downs. Regardless, I know we are both happy with each other. However, some things needed to change and my lover realized that he cannot make me suffer in this relationship anymore despite being okay with staying by his side. When he saw that my former lover is not only becoming an even better man, but also discovered that he still loves me wants me back in his life, he told me that he and my former lover had a talk and they decided that my lover should let go of me peacefully so that I could go back into my former lover's arms.


I know part of him hurts, but I understand he has to do what is best for him - and for me. In the end, I knew I had the best of both worlds knowing that they both love me and did what was best for me even if it meant the other person had to be hurt by letting me go.


No comments:

Post a Comment