![]() |
For three and a half decade, I managed to escape from something that I could dodge - eating balot or in English, the fertilized duck egg.
Normally people, especially my colleagues would be wondering or probably shocked why have I not eaten those yet. One colleague before even said that one day she will bring some for me to try - that day never came as she already resigned from the company.
Then up until this day, the admin head wanted to make sure that I would really try it, and she really did buy some for me to try. By then I had no way to escape but to really try tasting them.
I tasted them for the first time.
My verdict: If you are into visuals or aesthetics, balot wouldn't be something you might fall in love based on sight with but when taste, you would like it. I guess similar to durian wherein people kept saying it's smelly but its delcious.
So for me, I guess because I'm so sensitive to the sensory visuals, so I would really be having a hard time appreciating it. As my department VP had told us when it comes to kimchi, it's like an acquired taste. Similar to some dishes wherein our tastebuds got used to it even if it looks icky to others.
If you ask me if I want to try it again, I would tell you no, but at least I can now say... I finally eaten balot! 😆

No comments:
Post a Comment