Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Together Waiting

When my friend from the States told me that he got back with his ex, I was extremely happy that they got back together since I felt like I've been hearing a lot of break-ups here and there whether celebrity or non-celebrity or even a former athlete that I probably had a crush on back then (expansion of this probably in a separate blog).

During conversation, I was asking him about how they got back together etc. because I even told him that it's just nice that they got back together to at least make something positive out of bunch of unfortunate news I'd received whether it's one day late or probably years late. After he told his story, he then told me similar to the lines of "I can't wait for you to tell me your (love) story".

His message made me realized that I was not the only one waiting for my love story to unfold. I may be the main character of the story and the one "obligated" to wait for the story to unfold, but those who wanted you to have that story finally unfold are also waiting for it to happen - sometimes to the point that they are actually becoming more impatient than you and were sometimes the ones who would start jumping guns by matchmaking you with whoever they think is a good match for you.

The point is, if the people around us are patiently waiting for our love story to unfold, maybe we should also be patient enough to wait too. They are not really obliged to join us in waiting for our future partner or spouse, but these people chose to wait with us so that we would get the happy ending we wanted and also what they wanted for us.

Perhaps this is the reason why we sometimes see friends and relatives are crying when the bride is about to walk down the aisle. Aside from knowing that the person is finally getting married to a good spouse, they also know that their patience in waiting for their special person's love story to naturally unfold is very worth it. Since they chose to commit in waiting along side the person, they too know the struggle that this person has been going through.

So even if in a group of friends, we were the only person left single or unmarried, we should know that those people who are truly concerned of our happiness and hoping that you would also have a happy ending like them are also accompanying you in waiting so you wouldn't feel sad and alone. They are the ones who are encouraging you not to force you to forge your own story if it's not yet the right time, but will keep on encouraging you to wait - because they're there for you even if they are in a happy relationship or happily married.

2 comments: